As Christmas is fast approaching, the atmosphere has drastically changed and it’s harmattan season. Unfortunately, most people were not fully prepared for it so a lot of them are suffering from colds, flu, fever among other things.
Well, below are five remedies to help you stay healthy and cold-free during this hot, dry air season.
1. Take in a lot of fluids; One of the most important ways to deal with harmattan is to always be hydrated. Drink at least one glass of lukewarm water every 30 minutes to keep your throat moist. This will help you feel refreshed all the time.
2. Ginger and lemon: When you wake up in the morning, the weather is of makes and cold making you feel uneasy. Just a a fresh ginger, wash it well, peel it and grind it. After that heat some water and for 2 minutes. After that add your ginger to your hot water and slice one small lemon and add it to the mix it all together and allow it steep for 3 minutes. Drink the mixture while it’s still warm. This keeps you energized for the day and boost your immune system. For those who have a sweet tooth, you can add some organic honey to sweeten it up.
3. Take lots of fruits and vegetables: I know you will be tempted to eat all your sweets, chocolates, fried foods among others. While all these can be enjoyable, try and infuse some pineapples, watermelon, cucumbers and some carrots. These will not only boost your immune system but also keep you away from the hospital. After all, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
4. Try and take in some antibiotics like Vitamin C. It’s perfect for those who can’t get enough to do the the ginger and lemon recipe.
5. Finally, get enough rest. Resting has a way of rewarding your body with good health.
NB: make sure you have no allergies before trying any of the above mentioned. Stay safe out there .