President Akufo-Addo has restricted every single open social affair including meeting, workshops, memorial services, celebrations, political conventions and church exercises and related occasions as a major aspect of measures to stop the spread of coronavirus in the nation.
The President in a national location on Sunday said the boycott will be in power for the following a month.
“I have chosen in light of a legitimate concern for open security and the insurance of our populace to survey the open social event warnings prior declared as follows. Right off the bat, every open social occasion including gatherings, workshops, burial services, celebrations, political assemblies, games and strict exercises, for example, benefits in places of worship and mosques, have been suspended for the following four a month. Private internments are allowed, however with restricted numbers, not surpassing twenty-five (25) in participation,” the President said.
Coronavirus cases in Ghana
Ghana has so far recorded four additional instances of the Coronavirus. This makes a sum of six cases.
The advancement was declared by Director of Public Health at Ghana Health Service, Dr. Badu Sarkodie during a press preparation on the present status of the nation at the Information Ministry, Sunday, March 15, 2020.
As indicated by him, two additional cases, after Thursday’s, were affirmed on Friday, March 13, 2020 – one from the Ashanti Region and the other from the Greater Accra Region.
“The first is a 56-year-old Ghanaian who came back from an outing to the United Kingdom on the fourth of March. He remained in the UK for 10 days. He created manifestations on the twelfth of March and answered to a wellbeing office in Obuasi,” said Dr. Sarkodie.
Tests, as indicated by Badu Sarkodie, were taken from him and taken to the Kumasi Center for Collaborative Research and the outcomes brought positive back.
The second, he noted, is a lady, and an understudy. She made a trip to the United States of America, remained there for around 10 days and came back to Ghana on the tenth of March.
On the thirteenth of March, she began demonstrating manifestations that later were affirmed to be perfect with the associated case with COVID-19.
Tests were taken, taken to Noguchi Memorial Medical Research Institute and developed positive.
The fifth and 6th cases were recorded on Saturday, late toward the evening, from the Noguchi Memorial Medical Research.
As per Dr. Sarkodie, the first is a 42-year-old Ghanaian male who came back to Ghana on the eighth of March. He had gone to Switzerland and the UK in the previous 14 days.
Side effects began the ninth of March and he answered to the wellbeing office on the 14. After examples were tried, it was affirmed positive.
The second case right now a 41-year-old Ghanaian male. He answered to the Tema General Hospital on the fourteenth of March with fever and intense respiratory disease. He had gone to Turkey and Germany inside the previous 14 days. Results from Noguchi returned positive.
The two cases had no side effects on appearance.
Dr. Badu anyway guaranteed that every one of the four cases are steady and under perception. They are accepting treatment under confinement conditions.
“This brings to a sum of six affirmed COVID-19 cases in Ghana, there are no passings and this is the circumstance as at March 14, 2020. All the 6 cases were brought into Ghana,” he included.