You will need to add the Adsense verification code to your website because it will help you apply for ads to be run on your website. In return of ads displaying on your website, you will get income per the view . Also, this exercise is used to verify if you are the owner of the website.
Below are the steps you can add the Adsense verification code to your website;
1. Enter the Url of your website into the space provided and click next.
Right after , the Adsense verification code to use will be displayed on your screen.
2. Copy the Adsense verification code.
NOTE : You need to copy and paste the code in the HTML of your site between the <head> and /head> tags.
This step may require you to edit your theme files which can be pretty risky only if you know what you are doing.
But instead of that , you will have to install a free plugin that will make the task much easier.
3. Open your wordpress site.
4. Go to dashboard.
5. From the left menu , click on plugins.
6. Click add new.
7. Type ” Insert headers and footers” in the search box and click on the search tab.
8. Click on install and activate the “Insert headers and footers” plugin.
Now the plugin is active on the site.
9. Go to dashboard ,click on settings and click on “insert headers and footers”.
10. Paste the Adsense verification code into the top /first box named “Scripts in header”.
11. Click on save.
12. Go back to your Adsense account and click submit.
Right after this action , you will receive a message which says ,” We’re reviewing your site. This usually take a few days but in some cases it can take up to two weeks . We’ll notify you when everything’s ready”.
So that’s how you can add Adsense verification code to your wordpress site. Hope you can now do yours.
Thanks for reading this article.
Don’t forget to share.