One JHS record COVID-19 case
Just a single middle school is known to have recorded an instance of COVID-19, the Director of Public Health of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Badu Sarkodie, has said.
He told columnists at the Ministry of Information’s every other week question and answer session on Tuesday, 14 July 2020 that the school is situated in the Oti Region.
“The main detailed JHS with a case is in the Oti Region”, he unveiled, including: “Only one”.
He stated: “I think they are most likely holding fast to the conventions more than the others”.
In the mean time, the Director-General of the Ghana Education Service, Prof Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, has said requires the conclusion of schools inferable from the COVID-19 pandemic, are lost.
“Conclusion of schools from the wellbeing point isn’t the most ideal alternative”, Prof Opoku Amankwah said on Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at the Ministry of Information’s every other week press instructions, including: “It is best we keep them in schools provided that we choose to release them home, at that point we should shut down the entire nation”.
“From what we have been told, they are asymptomatic, along these lines, they can approach their investigations”, he said.
He said “sending them home will be heartbreaking.”
Preceding the public interview, a joint proclamation from the GES and the Ghana Health Service had said Accra Girls’ Senior High School has recorded the most instances of COVID-19 among senior secondary schools from the principal report to date.
Starting at 13 July 2020, a sum of 314 people (understudy and staff) from the School have been tried. Out of these, 55 have been affirmed constructive for COVID-19 while 259 people tried pessimistic”, the announcement co-marked by the Directors-General of GES and GHS, separately, Prof Opoku-Amankwa and Dr Patrick Kuma-Aboagye said.
It said following the main report of COVID-19 cases in some SHSs in the nation on 6 July 2020, the GHS and GES initiated various measures to decide the degree of the flare-up and control measures.
Activities taken up until this point:
• Identification and isolation of contact from different understudies
• Sample assortment and lab testing of all contacts recognized and
• All affirmed cases have been moved to assigned national
treatment and confinement habitats for the board
• Restriction of number of understudies that go to eating at a specific time
• Enforcement of social separating conventions, upgraded hand cleanliness
rehearses and the best possible utilization of the facemask
• Disinfection of the whole school has been completed
• Adequate PPEs have been given to wellbeing staff positioned in the school
• Education on COVID-19 avoidance and control has been increased inside
• Counseling and mental help is being given to the understudies
• The school has assigned an isolate and segregation focus
• Parents and watchmen of influenced understudy have been appropriately reached
• Staff of the school have been consoled
Also, the announcement said “a couple of different schools have detailed inconsistent cases, which have not experience a flood. To forestall spread of COVID-19 in senior secondary schools the nation over, comparative measures are being actualized”.
The GES and GHS guaranteed the open that “endeavors are being made to guarantee the security of our staff and understudies”.